Breathe - Your LIFE Depends On It

 

A little over a week ago, I started focusing on my breathing while practicing the drums. I found that I would often be so focused on what I was doing that I would be holding my breath. So I started to focus on breathing while moving and I had to go a bit slower but I started to make progress with it, just like I was making progress on my drumming before. It's just one more element in the mix. 

Not long after considering this within drumming, I noticed in a moment while standing in the kitchen that my breathing was really tight and there was this tension in my midsection. I realized I have no idea how often I'm going into this shallow breathing and tension and that by developing my breathing to breathe more fully in every moment could even assist with the headaches I have been experiencing lately and my chronic pain issues in general. It would sure make sense as we know the body needs enough air to function properly. I looked at the tightness, and I could see a point of 'holding on', of 'holding my breath', like there isn't time or space to breath somehow, caused I'm so focused on whatever I'm doing. It's like 'doing' is placed before 'breathing'. 

Like with the drumming. I almost wanted to justify it away at first like, but I HAVE to focus on what I'm doing. There's not time to ALSO now focus on my breathing. It will take too long, it's not practical, nobody does that.. I mean, if I were to focus on becoming aware of my breathing in every moment, does that mean I won't be able to do as much cause I have to now slow down and focus on this extra thing? 

This is how the mind sees things in reverse. Cause if I'm not breathing effectively in every moment of every day, what am I accumulating? Disease, pain, disfunction, perhaps even a shorter life? What if by focusing on my breathing and developing the connection with my physical that comes from that would actually assist and support my body to heal its chronic pain and actually lead to a longer life with better functioning? I've already been using the breath as a tool over the years to assist with grounding and stabilizing myself when experiencing reactionary energies and now seeing in a so much more direct way how it can be used as a tool for healing, for recognizing and releasing energies in the body that are creating tension and to ensure the whole body is getting sufficient oxygen.

So I have been now focusing more deliberately on developing my awareness as breath in each and every moment and giving the same focus and attention that I would on developing any other 'skill' or 'ability'. Some ways I have been supporting myself with this is setting a reminder for the morning when I wake up and throughout the day to assist me with remembering to check in with my breath when I have gotten busy with things and it has become automated again. In the past I have written the word on pieces of paper and placed them where I would see it when waking up and during the day. I also went to Eqafe and did a search on breathing to find any supportive material and found a whole bundle on breathing which is very supportive to go through to get a deeper understanding of what our breath is and how it is a key to walking ourselves out of our minds and into life. 

What I have also found is that by focusing on my breath in every moment, I will notice right away if something comes up in me as an energetic experience, so the breath is not only a tool to support when already in an experience, but even as a preventative. So the goal would be to get to that point where I can prevent and stop any energetic experience that would come up in me. I have come so far in the years I have been applying the breath when I look back at where/how I was when I started, when the four count breath was first presented to me as a tool for support. It has been worth every moment of application. I simply wouldn't be here and how I am today with the degree of stability, awareness, and groundedness that I now have as a living expression of me. 

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize or consider the importance of breathing in everything I do, and placing what I do as more important than breathing. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think/believe that there is not time to focus on my breath in every moment, instead of focusing on breathing in every moment of every day as much as is possible, within this realizing that developing myself as breath in every moment will take time and application and sticking to my decision and commitment to focus on the breath first in every moment possible.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize that if I'm not present here as my breath then I am not actually here as myself in every moment but am moving with the pace of energy and the mind which is taxing to my physical body.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize that it feels slow to be here as the breath in every moment because I am used to the pace of moving without being here as breath as how I developed myself in unawareness of myself as a physical being where my breath is a direct connection of me as the being within/to my physical body.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think it's impossible to be here as breath in every moment because I have not ever experienced it and do not experience, basing my potential on the past and what is already 'known' and therefore trapping myself within past limitations when I do not actually 'know' what is possible without walking the point and seeing what is possible.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realize that something so simple and so seemingly 'small' or unimportant' as breathing could have such a profound impact on everything I do and experience. 

I commit myself to continue to make my breath a priority and focus on developing my awareness as breath in each and every moment to the extent that I am able to until it becomes as natural as not breathing in awareness has been throughout my life.

For More Support:

Day 31: The Secret of Breath

Day 573: Practical Living Explained

Day 206: The Relationship between Pain and the Body - ADC - Part 54

Comments

Popular Posts